New York City
Plan Your Visit
COVID-19 Safety Update & Guidelines
The ARTECHOUSE Experience
- Getting Here
- XR App
- What to bring / Not to bring
- Chelsea Market Partners
All visitors ages 4 and up need a ticket to enter the space.
We strongly recommend purchasing tickets online ahead of time, as this is the only way to guarantee entry for your desired day and time, as well as to have a contactless check-in.
A limited number of full-price tickets may be available at the door but they are dependent on capacity fluctuations and cannot be guaranteed.
We offer special pricing for students, seniors, military and first responders and sometimes offer special pricing for local residents. Please bring your ID or other documentation to confirm your status as a member of one of these groups at check-in.
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and absolutely cannot be resold. If you are gifting the ticket or purchasing for someone else, please use our new “Gift a Visit” option at checkout or email the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the change. Changes of this nature can only be made by the cardholder.
Groups of 10 or more save! Click here for more information.
Please arrive on time for the start of the session for which you purchased ticket(s). Note that your ticket is only valid for the date and time purchased.
One member of your party must have a valid photo ID that matches the name on the tickets being used by your party and the name on the credit card used to purchase them. You cannot bring another person’s photo ID or photocopy. Please make any name changes in advance with the Box Office directly by emailing email@example.com.
Tickets are purchased for individual hour-long sessions. When space allows, visitors are welcome to remain with us past their hour-long session. ARTECHOUSE reserves the right to enforce the one-hour timeframe when necessary, in situations including but not limited to at-capacity sessions, transition sessions and private sessions.
ARTECHOUSE NYC is located inside Chelsea Market at:
439 W 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
The entrance to ARTECHOUSE NYC is located outside on West 15th Street between 9th and 10th Avenue. Our exit leads to the Chelsea Local (Chelsea Market’s basement).
We are a block away from the A, C, E, and L, W 14th St. and 8th Ave metro station and three blocks from the 1, 2, 3 line at W 14th Street and 7th Avenue.
The closest bus stop is W 14th Street and 9th Avenue: M11, M12, and M14D-SB.
If driving, please note that ARTECHOUSE does not offer parking.
GETTING IN TOUCH
At this time, we do not offer customer service over the phone, but we are are actively on email during hours that we are open! Please email the NYC Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a fully-accessible space. Mobility devices such as wheelchairs and walkers are allowed on the exhibition floor. Some individual installations may have an intended use or method of interaction that may be difficult for some visitors, but each is nonetheless fully maneuverable and compliant with the ADA.
Please note that some of our programs utilize strong lighting effects and loud sounds. For details, please refer to the disclosure for each installation.
For questions regarding the accessibility of specific exhibitions or installations, please contact the box office at email@example.com.
EXTENDED REALITY APP
Please download the free ARTECHOUSE XR app from the App Store or Google Play prior to your arrival. During your visit, you will be prompted to activate special markets to bring hidden, virtual art to life — adding another layer to your art experience!
BAGS & SUITCASES
Suitcases, luggage, large backpacks, and bags larger than 16” are not permitted in the exhibit space and cannot be checked or left with staff. ARTECHOUSE does not take any responsibility for any lost, missing, stolen or damaged items.
Tickets are required for all visitors ages 4 and up. Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult. All children must be closely supervised to ensure their safety and the safety of the artwork.
Because our exhibitions change throughout the year, we suggest that visitors refer to the description of each new program on our website for age recommendations.
Photography for personal use is allowed, however we request that you refrain from using flash. Visitors may not use tripods, selfie sticks, GoPros or similar accessories in the exhibition space.
Commercial photography, performances, product shoots, press interviews, media shoots, and all professional video and camera equipment is PROHIBITED without advance approval and accompaniment from an ARTECHOUSE representative.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for requests. Kindly note that the submission of a request does not necessarily grant approval. Please await a response from our Press team before proceeding.
FOOD AND DRINK POLICY
To protect our technology on-site, we do not allow any outside food or beverages, including gum, inside the art space. Please dispose of any prior to your visit. Bottled water is permitted only in non-exhibit areas. When our XR Bar is operating, please remain in the bar area, no beverages are permitted on the main exhibit floor.
ARTECHOUSE is a smoke-free art space, including e-cigarettes and vaporizers.
Offensive, abusive or threatening behavior or conduct, whether written, verbal or physical, will not be tolerated. Behavior towards guests or staff that creates an intimidating, hostile, or unsafe environment is strictly prohibited. No visitor shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed on the premises. The prohibition on firearms applies to all visitors, including those with firearm permits. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience for all our visitors. Please observe our guidelines and refrain from disruptive or unruly behavior. Visitors not observing guidelines will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
No running, no poking and no touching of the walls and hardware. We are excited to welcome kids of all ages to experience ARTECHOUSE; however, we request higher and very hands-on supervision from parents/adults accompanying their children.
WHAT TO BRING
- A valid photo ID is required for student, senior, military, first respondent and local resident special pricing tickets confirming current status as a member of the corresponding group.
- A valid government-issued photo ID matching the name on the credit card used is required for check-in.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required for each individual visiting for after-hours 21+ admissions (DC and NYC only).
- Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to the ever-changing nature of the site and exhibits we feature, we may require or suggest disclaimers for each exhibit. Please consult our terms and conditions prior to visiting to see what we advise.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- We request that you do NOT bring any drinks, food or illegal substances. Please dispose of any prior to arriving for your visit.
- In order to protect our reflective flooring, we ask that you do not wear stiletto heels. Any visitors wearing stiletto heels will be asked to remove them before entering.
- Please do not bring tripods, selfie sticks or professional photo/video equipment during your visit.
- The use of costumes, non-health related masks and/or props is not allowed.
- Kindly note that ARTECHOUSE does not offer monitored or locked storage for visitors’ belongings. Therefore, please avoid bringing valuables during your visit.
- We also do not allow strollers, luggage or large backpacks onto the exhibition floor.
- No visitor shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed on the premises. This prohibition on firearms applies to all visitors, including those with firearm permits.
Installations are highly immersive and some may use strong lighting effects as well as loud surround sound.
- The installation is projected onto the floor as well as some of the walls which may cause disorientation and is not recommended for individuals who may become easily unbalanced.
- This installation is not recommended for individuals with a family or personal history of epilepsy, anxiety, heart conditions, a history of seizures, and/or sensitivity to flashing lights.
- Participants thought to be unstable or under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be admitted and will be requested to leave.
- Due to the complex technology employed, the installation may require unplanned maintenance; this may result in delays for visitors or in the cancellation of a visit. If it is not possible to reschedule a delayed or cancelled visit, a full refund on the price paid for tickets will be issued, but no further compensation will be paid.