We are seeking an experienced Merchandise Planning & Sourcing Manager to build and lead a successful merchandising program that would provide physical memories to complete our visitor’s experience. In this role you will be responsible for expanding and growing our product line to incorporate rotating exhibition items, special items, and exclusive limited editions. You will be responsible for the entire product lifecycle from planning, buying & selecting the merchandise to product placement and sales strategies across all of our locations.
The Merchandise Planning & Sourcing Manager will maximize profitability of ARTECHOUSE Retail program through program development & refinement, cost control, and sales analysis. The ideal person will autonomously lead and manage the sourcing strategy, agent and vendor relationships, and production for the ATH merchandise. This is a fantastic opportunity to work directly with the Chief Creative Director to design and curate both evergreen and seasonal lines for our rapidly growing business.
- Work with the Creative team to design, curate, and procure a unique line of ARTECHOUSE Apparel and Merchandise.
- Ensure that the ARTECHOUSE Retail Program enhances the premization of the brand and supports the overall company mission.
- Negotiate with vendors, order supplies, manage inventories and budgets.
- Analyze sales, purchase inventory and drive liquidation strategy around inventory trends.
- Analyze which products are most profitable and adjust future product offerings accordingly.
- Manage merchandise and production calendars to ensure all timelines are met.
- Maintain and create product development calendars for our apparel and soft goods to ensure key milestones are met and product launches are delivered within schedule.
- Research unique products and potential vendor partnerships that best suit our clientele.
- Ensure strong working relationships with all vendors.
- Track trends in production and shipping costs.
- Implement and enforce quality control to meet quality objectives.
- Implement visual strategy for displaying products online and at all locations.
- Manage the creation of new products from start to finish, uploading images in our e-commerce platform, entering all information into the system and updating pricing to reflect changes as needed.
- Ability and willingness to work during ARTECHOUSE operating hours (nights, weekends, holidays))
WHO YOU ARE
You have superior knowledge of understanding and evaluating the consumer’s buying habits to effectively source, plan, display, and stock merchandise. You possess a strong understanding of the creative/design process and excel at product development with engaging fan and visitor experience in mind. You specialize in vendor procurement and cost negotiations.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- Existing proven relationships with sourcing partners, both domestic and international.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing, sampling, and the costing process
- Experience negotiating and managing 3PL partnerships
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in production and sourcing, merchandising or relevant experience
- Proficient in Excel and able to build ad-hoc analysis tools/reports
- Ability to analyze a retail data set using basic summary formulas and pivot tables
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition
- Detail oriented, thorough, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with fashion trends/concepts
- Creative and solution-oriented-analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Strong team player and ability to work with people of many different backgrounds and perspectives
- Ability to work independently and organize effectively
For consideration please send your resume and cover letter. Please note we will only respond to candidates selected for further consideration