SAFETY UPDATES & POLICIES
We are grateful to be open and safely welcoming visitors to experience innovative, immersive art. While high hygiene standards, limited capacities and touchless technology have always been part of the ARTECHOUSE experience, we have taken additional measures to further ensure the well-being of our guests and staff, including following all recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and local health departments and government agencies.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Consistent with CDC and local guidelines, our mask policy has been updated as such: Vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear masks in the space, but are still welcome to do so. Unvaccinated guests must continue to wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines while in the space.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizing stations have been installed.
- We begin each day with a professional cleaning and sanitizing, and follow it up with continuous, hourly maintenance.
- All staff are pre-screened and supplied with PPE.
- We offer rebookings for any ticket holders feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms.
- We strongly encourage booking online in advance to ensure your desired date and session, however we may have a small amount of walk-up tickets available onsite. While contactless payments are preferred, we also accept cash.
- Our AR Bars at ARTECHOUSE DC & NYC remain closed.
- You can now shop online to purchase ARTECHOUSE apparel and accessories. Credit card purchases can still be made on-site.
We’ve created a safe environment for you and our staff, and kindly request that you also behave responsibly to ensure your safety and the safety of others. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you at ARTECHOUSE when you are ready!
Please note an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in all public places. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting ARTECHOUSE, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
What is the check in procedure?
- Arrive at the time on your ticket.
- Be ready with your ticket QR code or confirmation email. If you purchased a special pricing ticket please also bring the appropriate ID (student, military, etc…)
- Once checked in, you will be directed to the Welcome Room for an introduction. You may need to wait a few minutes before entering the space in order to maintain proper social distancing.
Can I buy walk-in tickets?
We highly recommend purchasing tickets online to guarantee entry into the session at the time you wish to attend, as well as to have a contactless check-in. A very limited number of full-price tickets may be available at the door but they are dependent on capacity fluctuations and cannot be guaranteed. At this time, our sessions tend to sell out, so the chances of tickets being available at the door are very low.
What is your HVAC situation?
We have followed all recommended guidelines such as newly servicing, adding new filters and increasing outdoor air intake to the max.
What kind of face covering should I wear?
The current CDC guidelines recommend wearing a mask or facial covering which snugly covers the face, especially the nose and mouth, whether store bought or homemade, and which is secured with ties or ear loops, include multiple layers of fabric, and allow for breathing without restriction. Masks include cloth face coverings, such as homemade cloth masks, store-bought fabric masks, bandanas or other cloth wrapped around the head that covers the mouth and nose, as well as medical or surgical masks. Face shields can be worn in addition to a mask/face covering, but they cannot be worn without one, as they do not fit the qualities of face covering as set by the CDC.
Will I need to touch anything?
Our spaces contain immersive experiential and technology-driven works. The majority of interactive content is responsive to body movement at a distance and does not require physical contact. Any installations that require touch for activation are actively maintained and sanitized by our team. We also provide sanitizing stations within immediate proximity of these installations. Please note that not all installations that ARTECHOUSE shows are interactive, for example the exhibitions can be an immersive and sensory experience rather than directly interactive.
I am not feeling 100% but I don’t want to lose my ticket, what do I do?
If you are feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms we ask that you stay home. Our team will be happy to help you rebook your visit to a later date when you are feeling better. Rebookings are subject to availability. For assistance with updating your booking, please email email@example.com
Is the AR Bar open?
At this time, our AR Bars in DC and NYC remain closed. However, we have transformed our bar spaces into an innovative, hologram-like media installation that honors all bars during this difficult time. Learn more about NHKS4220 Bar Illusion.
As we continue to monitor and follow recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and local health departments and government agencies, these may change. Our top priority is the safety of our visitors and our team.
“Art, we feel, is truly essential right now. It can provide a respite from the chaos that surrounds us, inspire us, transport us.”
– Sandro, Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer.