Walking Through World of AI·magination
Step into a world that could not have been created by human minds alone: World of AI·magination combines generative algorithms with human creativity to create a mesmerizing and poetic visual experience. Here is a look at some questions you may have or terms you may want to learn before visiting us at ARTECHOUSE NYC.
Who is World of AI·magination for?
Everyone with an imagination! World of AI·magination is for all people, of all ages, and all backgrounds.
If I don’t know anything about AI, will I still enjoy this exhibition?
Absolutely! Where else can you leap into digital portals, turn the pages of cinematic universes, and immerse yourself in infinite possibilities?
What is happening in the Immersion Gallery?
The Immersion Gallery is an audio-visual story made up of six scenes — all bringing individual universes to life. Move through the point clouds meet the ocean, navigate an ever-changing labyrinth, traverse through the dreamer’s emporium, and more. The experience underscores the idea that no matter our age or background, a part of us remains in perpetual wonder, always yearning to explore new possibilities. It is a poetic homage to the ageless power of imagination.
What is AI?
Artificial Intelligence is actually the broad study of how to create machines that can perform tasks like humans. AI technology can process large amounts of data in ways, unlike humans. Ultimately, AI reads and interprets pattern recognition that grows increasingly more complex. In the landscape of today’s creative industry, AI and machine learning are rapidly transitioning from mere buzzwords to integral components of the creative process. When we talk about AI, often we think of the following terminology: GANs (Generative Adversarial Networks), LLMs (Large Language Models), ChatGPT, and more!
How does AI impact our everyday lives?
From Siri, Google translate, self-driving features on cars to the voice assistants on our smartphones and facial recognition, we’re using AI everyday, often without even realizing it.
Artificial Imagination expands upon the idea of conventi AI, illustrating that A.I. opens up the next generation of human creativity leading us to boundless creativity and possibilities. In World of AI·magination human creativity blend with computational dreamscape that AI generates, inviting the audience into an expansive universe encapsulated within every pixel, stirring curiosity and fueling imagination. Our ARTECHOUSE Studiolooked at AI and asked, how can we use AI to positively impact our creative processes?
What is “Generative AI”
In simple terms, it’s a combination of two words: Artificial Intelligence, which means computers doing work that otherwise would be done by humans, and Generative, meaning producing new data by learning patterns and structure of the inputs a model is trained in. Generative AI is not a new or foreign concept. Google Translate is a generative A.I. and first debuted in 2006!
The model most people are using at the moment is called the Large Language Model (LLM), which is behind platforms such as ChatGPT.
Exploring Key Terms:
- Machine Learning (ML): Machine learning (ML) is a subfield of AI that uses algorithms trained on data to produce adaptable models that can perform a variety of complex tasks. Machine learning aims to teach a machine how to perform a specific task and provide accurate results by identifying patterns.
- GAN: Generative Adversarial Network; A framework for approaching generative AI
- StyleGAN: Generative Adversarial Network built on NVIDIA
- Stable Diffusion: Deep Learning Text to Image Generation
- AI: Artificial Intelligence is the field of study focused on making machines that can think like humans and can do things that are considered “smart.” AI technology can process through large amounts of data in order to replicate decision-making.
- LLM: Large Language Models are deep learning algorithms that can perform a variety of natural language processing (NLP) tasks. Examples include chat bots and language-based systems like Siri or Alexa
- DL: Deep learning is a method in artificial intelligence (AI) that teaches computers to process data in a way that is inspired by the human brain