ARTECHOUSE DC launches AUGMENTED REALITY TO-GO
ARTECHOUSE DC launches AUGMENTED REALITY TO-GO
On August 14th, ARTECHOUSE, in partnership with Colada Shop, Maketto and Thamee, launches AR summer drinks-and-refreshments to-go program to complement their immersive HANAMI: Beyond The Blooms installation.
WASHINGTON, DC – ARTECHOUSE is thrilled to announce a to-go version of their celebrated augmented reality (AR) Drinks in partnership with some of the most vibrant Washington, DC bars and restaurants – Colada Shop, Dolcezza, Maketto and Thamee. Served from a to-go cart at ARTECHOUSE’s entry, the program will launch on August 14th, and be available Friday-Sunday through the duration of “HANAMI: Beyond The Blooms”.
AR DRINKS TO-GO will feature cocktails and mocktails, all with original AR activations designed by ARTECHOUSE’s creative team. The program will allow visitors and passersby to take a refreshing and interactive experience of “HANAMI” back home with them. Customers can use the ARTECHOUSE app to activate markers on the drink packaging to further engage in the multisensory experience of the thrills and beauty of the cherry blossom phenomenon, revisiting the spring season most of us spend indoors.
This new partnership is intended to spotlight the creativity and international flavors of Washington D.C. food and beverage community. “We wanted to be creative as to how we serve and support our community and we are thrilled to work with our fellow D.C. area small business owners and creatives on this project. Each of them brought their unique point of view and voice to this, and we truly feel it amplifies the experience” – said Tati Pashtukova, co-founder of ARTECHOUSE – “Having our small business community feel supported was a priority for this collaboration.”
The new menu items include:
- Applejack by Maketto Green apple, butterfly spirits vodka, and boba jelly.
- Butterfly Limeade by Thamee (Spirit-Free) Butterfly pea flower, cucumber, mint, lime, sugar, basil seeds
- Inle Bloom by Thamee Sake, lime, simple syrup, ginger and black pepper bitters, butterfly pea flower infused vodka, dehydrated lime
- La Rumba by Maketto: Rum, passion fruit, jasmine-palo santo syrup, lime
ABOUT THE INSTALLATION:
This installation, in collaboration with Japanese illustrator Yuko Shimizu, continues with the 2020 ARTECHOUSE theme of exploring the intersection of creativity in science and art. “HANAMI: Beyond the Blooms” shows us how technology and code can bring illustration and nature to life in new and unexpected ways, allowing the guests to enjoy the thrills and beauty of a seasonal phenomenon beyond its limited organic time-span.
In the four gallery segments, inspiration is drawn from centuries-old Japanese traditions such as the taiko drums that are historically used to bring Kami, the divine beings that ward away evil spirits and pests from crops, and the long, often surreal walks under the cherry blossom trees. Learn more about the installation HERE.
ABOUT THE ARTECHOUSE EXTENDED REALITY (XR) MOBILE APP:
ARTECHOUSE extended reality (XR) mobile app helps you explore the limitless possibilities of art, technology, science and creativity. Augment your environment with custom XR activations as well as extensions of our exhibits. Originally built for location-specific activations at ARTECHOUSE’s immersive art spaces in DC, NYC and Miami, it was expanded upon during the COVID-19 pandemic so that anyone, anywhere can access innovative and interactive art from their phones. The app is available at Google, Apple and Android app stores. Learn more about the app HERE.
“HANAMI: Beyond The Blooms” is open to the public daily as of July 9th, 2020. AR to-go drinks will be served during opening hours Friday – Sunday.
TIMES & TICKETS:
Hanami: Beyond The Blooms is on view to the public July 9th -September 30th, 2020 Monday – Thursday / 12pm-8pm (7pm last session)
Friday – Sunday / 10am-10pm (9pm last session)
- Children: $12 online / $17 onsite
- Students, Seniors, Military & First Responders: $15 online / $20 onsite
- Adults: $19 online / $24 onsite
- Families: $45 for 2 Adults & 2 Kids
Tickets are requested to be reserved in advance at artechouse.com
Safety protocols that have been put in place by ARTECHOUSE include the following:
- In order to provide contactless check-ins, ticket purchases must be placed online at www.artechouse.com. Tickets purchased online in advance will receive $5 off.
- New operating hours have been put in place to ensure sufficient time for cleaning and sanitation. ● Art space sessions continue to be limited in capacity along with split session start times to ensure seamless entry and proper social distancing.
- Mask or face coverings must be worn inside the art space at all times, even during photos! ● Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the art space.
- Suggested safe distancing of 6 feet apart from others will be strictly enforced.
- Professional cleaning and sanitizing will take place prior to each daily opening.
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing of the art space will be performed by team members. ● Visitors that are experiencing illness symptoms will have the option of rebooking.
Open to all ages, the seasonal installation is on view July 9th to September 7th, at ARTECHOUSE DC (1238 Maryland Avenue, SW).
ARTECHOUSE is located between the Smithsonian and L’Enfant Plaza Metro stations at 1238 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC just next door to the Mandarin Oriental hotel.
ARTECHOUSE connects progressive ideas, artists and audiences to stimulate innovation and creativity. We believe in the power of art, science and technology to change the world for the better and are on a mission to empower the creation of new, experiential and exploratory art forms that make an impact. What started out as the nation’s first digital art space, is now a home, online and off, for technology driven art innovation. From our physical, immersive art spaces in Washington D.C., New York and Miami to our extended reality (XR) mobile app, ARTECHOUSE connects progressive ideas, artists and audiences and stimulates interest in the limitless possibilities of technology, science and creativity.
artechouse.com \\ @artechouse \\ #artechouse